For the second semester of biology, we wrote weekly reflections about our life and connected it to biology. Here are quotes from my 14 reflections along with their pictures. Enjoy!
1. "This particular sunrise was very important to me because it prepared me for this new school year, and reminded me of the goals I set for myself."
2. "They are a natural species on this planet and we should respect that."
3. "All it takes is for someone to do something once to make them realize how much they can impact the world we inhibit. That first experience is something that can ignite a passion to do more the next time, and that is something so special."
4. "Science is all around us, and it is the reason why everything on this planet functions the way it does. Science always has an explanation for something, and if it doesn’t that explanation is waiting to be discovered."
5. "I am an innately anxious person. I worry about even the littlest of things. But when I go to great extents and my worries still persist, I know that there is something special about that thing, that is keeping me from letting go of it."
6. "As we visited each university, my brain was slowly grasping what college life might be like, and made me hyper aware of my close future."
7. "Over this past weekend, I was able to experience what it is like to compete in a state tournament. It was crazy, intense and the biggest learning experience ever! "
8. "When I look back at how much I have grown in the past three years, it makes me very excited to see what high school has in store for the freshmen that are already doing great things in their first year of being here, like Lucia."
9. "I try to appreciate special people as much as I can to acknowledge that I care and value having them in my life."
10. "Everyday the sun rises and the sun sets. So with every sunrise, means new possibilities and a day that could be better than the last one."
11. "I looked up and behind me I was gifted with this amazing view."
12. "Just like we learned in our evolution lesson, religion or belief and science are stronger when put together."
13. "I still find myself thinking about the life cycle of a jellyfish. It still blows my mind that they can reproduce both asexually and sexually."
14. "I want to feel passionate and happy about my job, and I am very appreciative that internship gives me the opportunity to figure that out before I have to choose my major in college."
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.